SCG will be holding the following events for members in 2016:
- Tuesday 28th June: walking tour - Spitalfields for Spitalfielders. An 'experts' tour around the area, full of fascinating and lesser-known historical facts. Led by our extremely knowledgeable guide, Charlie. Meet on Commercial Street outside Christ Church at 6.30pm.
- July: Summer Party and Annual General Meeting. A great chance to meet neighbours old and new over a glass of wine and some canapées. The formalities of the AGM will be dealt with first and, hopefully, quickly!
- November: Pub Quiz. Our fifth annual pub quiz will once again raise money for Spitalfields Crypt Trust. Featuring the excellent Stephen Armstrong from SCT as our quizmaster. Can anyone unseat the reigning champions?
- December: Christmas Party. We return to the fabulous setting of the English Restaurant for a festive treat. Can we possibly upstage last year's sparkling wine tasting session?
Exact dates along with further events will be added to this page during the year - please check back for more details.
Here are some of the highlights of previous members' events and meetings:
- December 2015: Our Christmas event was a wonderful sparkling wine tasting session at the English Restaurant, hosted by their sommelière Prescilla.
- November 2015: Pub quiz to raise money for Spitalfields Crypt Trust. The SCG Committee team were the winners! The fact that we had the previous year's champions Zach and Randi on our team had nothing to do with it. The event raised £300 for SCT.
- April 2014 We arranged for a group of members to visit Mayor Rahman and to raise issues of local concern directly with him. A most interesting meeting!
- December 2013: Our Christmas event featured a charity auction kindly hosted by Rev. Andy Rider. Over £1000 was raised for our charity fund.
- June 2012: SCG orgainsed a street market as part of Spitalfields Music's Summer Festival. We raised £1300 for our charity fund.
Our events have raised over £4000 for local charities. The charities we've supported so far are: